If you’ve never been to Alaska, now is the time to start thinking about planning a trip to the Last Frontier. Whether you decide to visit by cruise with our very own Colleen Alsberg or Rose Gray, or visit on your own, these are tips that everyone could use. Check out our list of Alaska travel tips straight from Fox’s panel of Alaska experts with decades of experience.
- Don’t overpack; leave lots of room in your luggage for t-shirts, fleece jackets or vests and sweatshirts that you buy there, then wear them and take them home!
- While Alaska is cold, we suggest packing a pair of shorts. Most trips to Alaska happen in summer where it can regularly reach temperatures in the 70s and 80s Fahrenheit.
- Speaking of packing light, all of the hotels & the ship have hairdryers (if you don’t find one, look in closets in the hotels, vanity drawers on the ship) and if you aren’t fussy about your toiletry products, you will find shampoo, conditioner & bath gel everywhere too.
- A backpack is ideal for this trip. It holds lots of stuff and will keep your hands free for photo-taking (and unfortunately an umbrella if it’s raining).
- In your backpack, we suggest including a reusable water bottle. Some days get long and you never want to go too long without water.
- Take a journal for notes to remember all the things you’ll learn along the way and also to collect some unique stamps at the National Parks.
- Take lots of single dollar bills with you. There are always people to tip whether they are helping you with your bags, driving shuttles, tour guides, etc. It’s a tipping world up there.
- Credit cards are accepted almost everywhere, so you won’t need a lot of cash. Take a Visa or MasterCard though, sometimes American Express & Discover are not accepted, especially at small family-owned shops & cafes.
- Please sign your passports! It’s not valid until you do.
- If touring with Fox World Travel, don’t hesitate to ask your Tour Manager the best places to eat and lesser-known sights to see. Some have been to Alaska over 30 times, which means endless valuable tips and tricks at disposal.
There you have it! Some great tips from some of the greatest tour managers. If Alaska is a place on your mind, feel free to contact a travel agent to find out all of the ways you can enjoy breath-taking landscapes, mouth-watering food and unforgettable experiences.
Related PostsView More
Hottest Ways to Travel
After over a year of wearing masks, keeping our distance, and basically putting our lives on hold, all of us are ready to get back to enjoying some fun in the sun! And if you’re like... Read More
Transform Data Management
Do you remember card catalogs at the library and looking through little drawers for hours to find all the books you needed to complete one assignment? That is what business data can look like:... Read More
5 of the Hottest Cities to Visit Around the World
Spring temps and sunshine have got us feeling hot, hot, HOT for summertime! Whether you have your sights set on a wild camping trip or a relaxing escape to the beach this summer break, travel,... Read More