With a final deadline of March 29, 2019 quickly approaching and uncertainty still looming over the status of Brexit and the Irish border, travelers may be curious about the effect this has on them. Here is a guide for understanding the impact of Brexit on you and your travels.
- As of now, citizens can travel freely between Schengen area countries with a valid passport.
- After the March deadline, travelers will need to follow new passport rules.
- Passport must be issued within the last 10 years.
- Passport must be valid for 3 months upon arrival.
- U.K. nationals will need to follow the following passport rules.
- Passport must be valid for 6 months upon arrival.
- Travel to Ireland will still fall under the Common Travel Area arrangements.
- U.K. will not need a passport to visit Ireland.
- Citizens of the U.K. may be required to hold an International Driving Permit.
- This allows citizens of the U.K. to freely drive around the European Union (EU).
- EU must decide whether U.K. citizens need a visa to enter the union.
- If required to have a visa, U.K. immigrants will be required to purchase a £52, 90-day Schengen visa.
- If not required, there is a good chance there no visa will be required for EU citizens when traveling to enter the U.K.
- Delays are expected as building a new immigration plan and infrastructure will take years of negotiations.
For more information on travel to the U.K. and beyond, please contact Fox World Travel at online or at 888.369.8785.
Related PostsView More
Transform Data Management
Do you remember card catalogs at the library and looking through little drawers for hours to find all the books you needed to complete one assignment? That is what business data can look like:... Read More
Technology and Data Innovation Case Study
As vaccinations ramp up across the globe, business travel continues to rebound. It is clear travel will look and feel different in terms of not only the traveler experience but also in the value... Read More
Transform Perception: Communicating Your Travel Program to Executive Leaders
As a travel manager, you know best the value of your program. Organizations in the past year have a revitalized interest in their travel programs – either as a way to modify behaviors or... Read More